Terms of Service
Please read the following important Terms of Service Agreement (the “Agreement”) before accessing or using any of the various services (the “Services”) made available to you (the “Member”) by Outbox Limited. (“Expats.com.mt “) through the website operating and under the trading name of Expats.com.mt, or mobile applications or otherwise. By completing the registration process to an Expats.com.mt website, you represent that you can and will be legally bound by this Agreement. No Member may participate where doing so would be prohibited by any applicable law or regulation.
- A) Modifications
Expats.com.mt reserves the right to modify or amend this Agreement at any time, for any reason, or for no reason at all, at Expats.com.mt sole discretion. The most recent version of this Agreement will be posted on the Expats.com.mt website. As a Member it is your sole responsibility to keep yourself apprised of any such modifications or amendments. Should any Member object to any terms and conditions of the Agreement or any subsequent modifications thereto or become dissatisfied with Expats.com.mt in any way, Member’s only recourse is to immediately:
(1) discontinue use of Expats.com.mt websites;
(2) terminate Expats.com.mt registration; and
(3) notify Expats.com.mt of termination.
- B) Description of Services
As a Member, you will be provided with a variety of Services, as described on the Expats.com.mt website. Members may also utilize certain additional services offered from time to time such as shopping and e-commerce offerings and various informational services. Expats.com.mt reserves the right to enhance, modify, or discontinue the Services, in whole or in part, at any time, for any reason, or for no reason at all, at Expats.com.mt sole discretion, with or without notice to Members, and with no obligation to Members.
- C) Member Conduct
Use of the Services by you, as Member, is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. Expats.com.mt reserves the right, but does not assume any obligation, to monitor the Services to enforce this Agreement. Nor does Expats.com.mt guarantee that any monitoring it does perform will be to the Member’s satisfaction. Upon learning of any violation of this Agreement, Expats.com.mt, at its sole discretion, may terminate your access to and use of the Services, require you to remedy such violation, and/or take any other actions that Expats.com.mt deems appropriate to enforce its rights and pursue all available remedies. Without limitation, Expats.com.mt reserves the right to terminate your access to and use of the Services if, in our view, your conduct fails to meet any of the following guidelines:
- Members shall not engage in any activity that constitutes harassment, including, but not limited to, excessive repetition when listing a person as a referral, repeated unwanted contact, interfering with a Member’s use of site or stalking.
- Members shall not list the email addresses or personal details of people unknown to them.
- Members shall not list as referrals any email addresses that are fake, fictitious, or made up.
- Members shall not list as referrals any email addresses which are owned by or belong to that member.
- Members shall not attempt to interfere with any other person’s use of the Services.
- Members shall not misrepresent their identity or impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an Expats.com.mt employee, forum leader, guide or host.
- Members shall not hold themselves out as sponsored by, endorsed by, or affiliated with the Expats.com.mt website.
- Members shall not use the Expats.com.mt website to post, upload, email, transmit or otherwise make available junk mail, commercial advertisements, or any other form of commercial solicitation unless within the commercial services available within Expats.com.mt to be able to do so.
- Members shall not use any portion of the Expats.com.mt website or the Services to post, upload, email, transmit or otherwise making available content, including user names and friend list names, that is harmful, threatening, abusive, vulgar, obscene, profane, defamatory, libelous, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- Members shall not engage in any activity that is patently offensive or promote or otherwise solicits racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual.
- Members shall not use any portion of the Expats.com.mt website or the Services to post, share, promote, depict, encourage, solicit or exchange content harmful to minors.
- Members shall not upload photos, graphics or other content that contain or promote illegal substances or activities.
- Members shall not post content that displays pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind unless within an area that is specifically designated requiring confirmation of being over the age of 18.
- Members shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to Expats.com.mt database or other computer systems.
- Members shall not attempt to modify, translate, adapt, edit, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any software programs used by Expats.com.mt in connection with the Expats.com.mt website or the Services.
- Members shall not engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, the Services or the Expats.com.mt website.
- Members shall not use any portion of the Expats.com.mt website or the Services for any unlawful purpose.
- Members shall not engage in any activity that solicits or is designed to solicit password or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Members.
- Members shall not use the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or disclose their password to any third party or permit any third party to access their account.
- Members shall not publicly post information that poses or creates a privacy or security risk to another person.
All judgments concerning the applicability of these guidelines shall be at the sole and exclusive discretion of Expats.com.mt and its designees. Expats.com.mt has the right in its sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse or remove any content that is available via the Expats.com.mt Services. Expats.com.mt and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates this Agreement or is otherwise objectionable. An account may be terminated at any time, without notice, depending on the severity of the offense, which is determined exclusively at the discretion of Expats.com.mt. Expats.com.mt is not obligated to provide a Member with a warning prior to removal.
- D) Privacy
- E) Document Retention Schedule
All personal information collected by https://www.Expats.com.mt in connection with your use of the Expats.com.mt website, including, without limitation, your name, location, email address, pictures, friend connections, messages, comments, login information, ip addresses and other data, will be stored by Expats.com.mt indefinitely in a safe and secure manner.
- F) Notice Regarding Commercial Email
MEMBERS CONSENT TO RECEIVE COMMERCIAL E-MAIL MESSAGES FROM EXPATS.COM.MT, AND ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THEIR EMAIL ADDRESSES AND OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE USED BY EXPATS.COM.MT FOR THE PURPOSE OF INITIATING COMMERCIAL E-MAIL MESSAGES BY THIRD PARTIES OR BY EXPATS.COM.MT.
- G) Member Account and Password
Upon registration with https://www.Expats.com.mt , Member will have a password and an account with https://www.Expats.com.mt . Member is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Member’s password and account. Furthermore, Member is entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under Member’s account. Member agrees to immediately notify Expats.com.mt of any unauthorized use of Member’s account or any other breach of security known to Member.
- H) Mobile
Expats.com.mt may offer the Services through a mobile website and/or mobile applications (collectively, the “Mobile Applications”). This Agreement governs all Services that are accessible on or through the Mobile Applications. If you use the Services on a mobile device, you agree that information about your use of the Services through your mobile device and carrier may be communicated to us, including but not limited to your mobile carrier, your mobile device, or your physical location. Although we provide our Services through the Mobile Websites free of charge, your mobile carrier’s standard fees and rates will still apply. You accept responsibility for all charges.
- J) Copyrights, Trademarks, Patents and Intellectual Property Rights
Member acknowledges that messages, files or other materials (“Content”) contained on the Expats.com.mt website and within Expats.com.mt email messages, and third party advertisements on the website and distributed via email, of a commercial nature and presented to Member by Expats.com.mt and the Services, are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Member is permitted to use Expats.com.mt Content or third party Content only as expressly authorized by Expats.com.mt or the third party advertiser. Member may not copy, reproduce, distribute, or create derivative works from the Expats.com.mt Content or third party Content without expressly being authorized to do so by Expats.com.mt or the third party advertiser. Although Expats.com.mt does not claim rights ownership of Member content, Members automatically grant, and represent and warrant Expats.com.mt a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, and fully sub-licensable, license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute said content. Members also automatically grant that Expats.com.mt has the right to retain Members content on Expats.com.mt sites even in the instance a Member is revoked from using an Expats.com.mt site.
- K) Termination
A party may terminate use of the Expats.com.mt website or the Services through the methods described by simply not using the website. Registered members can remove themselves by requesting deletion of their account by clicking the button unsubscribe which is incorporated in every email message sent by expats.mt.
- L) DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES
MEMBER AGREES THAT USE OF THE EXPATS.COM.MT WEBSITE AND THE SERVICES IS ENTIRELY AT MEMBER’S OWN RISK. THE EXPATS.COM.MT WEBSITE AND THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EXPATS.COM.MT DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, ACCURACY, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE EXPATS.COM.MT WEBSITE AND THE SERVICES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EXPATS.COM.MT DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR OTHER SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE EXPATS.COM.MT WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES ACCESSED THROUGH ANY LINKS ON THE EXPATS.COM.MT WEBSITE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EXPATS.COM.MT DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR VIRUSES AND OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, ILLEGAL POSTS IN CONNECTION WITH THE EXPATS.COM.MT WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES.
- M) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL EXPATS.COM.MT AND OUTBOX LIMITED BE LIABLE ON ACCOUNT OF MEMBER’S USE OR MISUSE OF THE EXPATS.COM.MT WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM USE OR MISUSE OF THE EXPATS.COM.MT WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES, FROM INABILITY TO USE THE EXPATS.COM.MT WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES, OR THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION, MODIFICATION, ALTERATION, OR TERMINATION OF THE EXPATS.COM.MT WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES BY REASON OF OTHER SERVICES OR PRODUCTS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH THE EXPATS.COM.MT WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES OR ANY LINKS ON THE EXPATS.COM.MT WEBSITE, AS WELL AS BY REASON OF ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH THE EXPATS.COM.MT WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES OR ANY LINKS ON THE EXPATS.COM.MT WEBSITE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- N) Indemnification
Member agrees to indemnify and hold Expats.com.mt, its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, directors, officers, agents, employees, service providers, and suppliers harmless from any dispute which may arise from a breach of terms of this Agreement. Member agrees to hold Expats.com.mt harmless from any claims and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees and court costs, related to Member’s violation of this Agreement.
SPONSORS, THIRD PARTIES AND ADVERTISERS
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, sponsors, third parties or advertisers found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such sponsor, third party or advertiser. You agree that Expats.com.mt shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such sponsors, third parties or advertisers on the Service.
- O) Governing Law
The Agreement and the relationship between Member and Expats.com.mt shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malta, without regard to any conflict of law principles to the contrary. If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, you and Expats.com.mt nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to your and Expats.com.mt intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Agreement shall remain unaffected and in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to Expats.com.mt, the Services and/or this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. Expats.com.mt makes no representation that any material and/or other content on this website is appropriate and/or available for use in other locations, and accessing such material and/or content from territories where it is illegal is prohibited. Any persons who choose to access this website from other locations do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are solely responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
- P) Agreement
The Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Member and Expats.com.mt and governs your use of Expats.com.mt and the Services, superseding any prior agreements between Member and Expats.com.mt. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use facilities that allow you to effect purchases and affiliate services, third-party content or third-party software or other services within Expats.com.mt. The failure of Expats.com.mt to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in the Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.